Home » » Gloves I've Loved, Part II

Gloves I've Loved, Part II

Written By Justin on Thursday, December 23, 2010 | 3:52:00 PM




The gloves framing the face of this grinning idiot model are the Uhlsport 035, which I nicknamed the "Spaceman Glove." It stayed in production for only a couple of years in the early 80s, and wasn't worn by many Uhlsport pros, but I couldn't wait to get a pair, mainly because of the shiny silver material of the glove body. The ribbed latex on both the palm and backhand was soft and very grippy, but had possibly the worst durability I can ever remember. Three or four uses and the palms were completely shredded and worn through to the fabric. But while they lasted, I felt like one badass mother wearing these. The hat, obviously, was a terrible idea:

0 comments:

Top