Home » » I Hate International Weeks

I Hate International Weeks

Written By Justin on Saturday, November 17, 2007 | 10:46:00 PM

I hate them. I have mentioned this before, but it's particularly apt this weekend, because I have a heavy cold. It would have been nice to have a lie in both mornings and watch a Premiership game, but no.

I suppose the Euro qualifiers are a big deal, and it was a good day for England but a bad day for Scotland. But I can't make myself care. England now have their destiny back in their own hands, thanks to the favor they got from Israel. They need only a draw at home against Croatia. How funny would it be if they lost that game? I'll tell you: very.

Meanwhile, in Argentina, River oh so predictably lost in penalties to Arsenal in the Copa Sudamericana semi final. The game featured a remarkable display by Arsenal keeper Mario Cuenca. Despite appearing to have never missed a meal or skipped desert in his life, he made two spectacular saves late in regulation, and then saved two very poor penalties in the shootout, before converting the 5th Arsenal penalty himself. Arsenal now go through to face Club America of Mexico in the Final. River manager Daniel Passarella resigned, keeping his promise to leave if he was unable to bring a trophy to La Monumental before Christmas.

0 comments:

Top